To make it easier to talk about our users, their needs, their behaviors, we propose you to use those personas so that we know who we are talking about. Let’s introduce:
Fred the producer
- He needs to sell his products to either Mary, Shannon or Jane
- He wants to be discovered
- Fred is a farmer. He produces yummy things, like old varieties tomatoes, cereals or cocoa.
- Fred is a food maker. He makes yummy processed food, like saurekraut, tomatoe sauce or biscuits.
Mary the retailer
- She needs stock to sell in her retail hub.
- She needs to sell her stock.
- Mary is a middleman retailer. She buy Fred’s products and sell them to Jane.
- Mary is a business provider. She helps Fred selling his products directly to Jane and gets paid for that service.
- Mary has a physical shop where Jane can buy.
- Mary sells online to Jane and organizes the delivery to Jane’s home, or to pick-up points where Jane goes.
- Mary runs a buying group, she sends the aggregated members’ orders to Fred.
- Mary is a chef, she buys food from Fred either directly or from/through Shannon, transforms it and sells meals to Jane in her restaurant.
Shannon the wholesaler
- She needs stock to sell in her wholesale hub.
- She needs to sell her stock to retailers.
- Shannon is a middleman wholesaler. She buy Fred’s products and sell them to Mary or to another Shannon.
- Shannon is a business provider. She helps Fred selling his products directly to Mary or the other Shannon and gets paid for that service.
- Shannon sells online to Mary (or the other Shannon) and organizes the delivery at Mary’s storage or shop.
Jane the final customer
- She needs food for herself.
- Jane buys directly from Fred.
- Jane buys from Mary.
- Jane buys from Fred through Mary.
Manel the local OFN instance manager
- He needs to facilitate achieving these needs as easily a possible.
- Manel provides the OFN platform to Fred, Mary and Shannon so that they can manage their products catalogues, sell their products to each other, and to Jane, through online shops. He is their contact point, so Fred, Mary and Shannon tell Manel what they need to improve their OFN experience. He supports them in setting up their entreprise on the OFN, and answers any question they have.
Drawing from the discovery session: