What is the need / problem
- Fred uses OpenOlitor to manage his CSA where Shannon is a member. Fred wants Shannon to be able to register in the CSA by herself, without having to create a profile in the openolitor backoffice.
Who does it impact
- Members of a CSA using openolitor will be able to register online without any intervention and will have an online profile in OFN.
What is the current impact of this problem
- Account management in openolitor (we need more info here)
What is the benefit in focusing on this
- Integrating OFN and OpenOlitor is a great step to fulfil the vision of a “open food network”.
- This could open other possibilities of integrating accounts and processes between the tools (orders in OFN and memberships in OpenOlitor for example)
Links to more details
This is part of the conversation between OFN and OpenOlitor.
This is part of the larger integrations scope to enable OFN to integrate with external systems.
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
This could be solved using existing OFN functionality: the existing OFN user registration process and some existing form of extraction of OFN user accounts through DB integration or API.
This could also be an opportunity to investigate potential usage/collaboration with https://solid.mit.edu a open and distributed platform for user data management.
This is the first OFN wishlist item I create. Please let me know if I missed something.