1- As a Mary/Shannon I want to be able to set up the shipping methods I want for my online shop
- this can already be done
2- As a user managing multiples hubs, I want to easily set up shipping methods for all the hubs I manage
- for example we have in France 2 cases where a user manages complex ecosystems with one coordinator enterprises (coordinates OCs) and 15 “distributor” enterprises (each one is a buying group, all managed by the same user). For this user, when he wants to set up a new shipping method, if he needs to go separately in each of the 15 enterprises to set up the same shipping method it is pretty annoying.
1- Today as a user managing multiple enterprises, I go in one enterprise and create a shipping method and I can apply it to all the enterprises I manage.
2- In one enterprise, in section “shipping methods” I see all the shipping methods listed in all the enterprises I have managing permission, so I can choose if I want to reuse shipping methods in other enterprises I manage (apply/unapply).
3- If I click on “manage shipping methods” I can access the whole list of the shipping methods attached to all the enterprises I have managing permissions. Strangely, this page appear in no menu (no green menu in the main menu) > this is because technically it is in “configuration” menu but as a regular enterprise user I can’t see that menu)
1- UX issues: if I am granted manager rights of an enterprise but manage others that are completely separate, I am “polluted” with useless information when managing those other enterprises.
2- Permission logic could be broken in some case and could open security issues (see Rob comment in #admin on 22nd March on Slack for more details)
It seems to us that we have to decide between 2 approaches:
On tech side option 2 would be much much easier for the Spree upgrade (on top of solving other UX and security issues…).
- Which of the two green sentences they prefer if they had to choose (to see if they value more convenience or flexibility).
- How often do users change or add shipping methods? (If not often option 2 might be cleaner. We can still improve UX to make users life easier.)
- Would it be ok for them if we choose to go for option 2, so if they would have, the very few time they have to set up or change a shipping method, to go separately in each enterprise and do the change there? (as a first step before eventually we work on some new feature to make their life easier)
2- Get data on:
- How many users are in the situation of managing multiple hubs enterprises? (If not a lot also goes in direction of option 2.)
As this is blocking Spree Upgrade we need your feedbacks within a week to be able to move forward (deadline = 20th April)
We foresee that this reasoning will be the same for payment method. Do you agree?