What is the need / problem
- it’s hard for a user to find the info he wants in the existing reports (lots of noise, infos spread among multiple reports)
- Some info people need isn’t available on existing reports (ex: delivery place)
- There is a complexity overhead in meeting info needs (hard to adapt to users requests, today we need to create each time new reports or add columns to existing ones each time there is a new need, which is not easy)
Who does it impact
Fred (if he needs reports on his products, how they are sold, etc.), Mary and Shannon (for reports on their sales, orders, delivery, packing, etc.), Manel (for meta-reports about instance use). So basically all users apart Jane (final customer).
What is the current impact of this problem
- Today hubs need to ask reports modification or new reports if they want a data that is not yet in the reports, and we are not able to do it. So basically they have to do with what is there, and try to find workaround to follow other data they need.
- It’s hard to measure the performance and evolutions for hubs and instances as data are not easily accessible.
What is the benefit in focusing on this
- It will allow much more flexibility for our users in their activity monitoring, as well as for instance managers.
- It will make it easier for hubs to organize their operations with the appropritate data they need.
Links to more details
- Dynamic and customisable reports (UI grid first thoughts)
- [FEAT] UI-Grid Reports (UI grid feature description)
- Report useability overhaul - wishlist and Reports - Wishlist (reports wishlist)
- Mega-data dump report (idea to build a mega report)
- Report that isolates various 'fees' (wishlist see fees details in reports)
- Spec for new reports to facilitate using a train line for distribution (reports needs for train distribution in UK)
- Need reports / filters by shipping method... suggestions welcome! (need reports / filters by delivery place)
- Customer's payments / balance report (bug in customer reports / to retest)
- Reporting for Instances (instance reports)
- GH wishlist on adding columns: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/532
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
We did a value/ease matrix in Aus Dec17 and selected as a potential feature candidate:
“Build huge core reports + pre-defined reports (as existing)”