Some potential OFN improvements from a small Normandy producer

I’ve split each item the following way:

To limit the error riks, I would put an error message when no distributor is selected at the end of the sale cycle creation.

I believe this already exist. But if you press ok (see screenshot below) the OC is still created. Do we want to keep this behaviour? I will see with Guillaume the exact steps to reproduce this if I misunderstood.

When the delivery time and place are not filled, an error message appears but doesn’t tell you what is the mistake so it is not alway easy to find for non tech friendly farmers.

Does someone remember how to trigger this error message? When I leave the field empty I just can’t click on the update / create buttton. While during an update the field is circled in red, during an OC creation it is true that I don’t know why I can’t click on “update”. Nothing tells me that the “ready for” field is mandatory. So I’ve opened this: Add red * on all the mandatory fields when creating a new OC · Issue #3910 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

Moreover, it might be nice (for my personnal case) to be allowed to settle these informations definitively in the enterprise profil like paiement methods or delivery points for instance.

I’ve opened a wishlist so we can discuss it here: Be able to define the "ready for" field in the user profile rather than in the OC

Concerning the report part, Rachel has the order preparation report format that I designed to be efficient and minimise order preparation mistake risks

See here: Hub can easily generate accurate packing slips - #50 by Rachel

The rest will be solved by: Provide a more flexible reporting functionality with rich data access - #19 by luisramos0

Oooh yes, another thing that would make me save time is to sort products per alphabet order on the admin product part , pleaaaase !!!

See here: Sorts product per alphabetical order · Issue #3909 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

There is the long loading time to get to the boutiques page for clients but I am sure that you are aware of that and doing your best…

See here: Global Gathering 2019 - Day 8 - Pipe Prioritisation - DEV PIPE

I am using ranges of weight for some stuffs like pumkings or even cabages for instance. Would it be possible to include this fonctionnality on products ? Like instead of puting |1| |kg|, we would enter |0.75| to |1.25| |kg| ! That would be really more efficient for me as producer and nicer to read for clients rather then in the product description currently.

See here: Be able to put range of units rather than single units