Continuing the discussion from Product curation meeting #17 notes - 14 July 2020:
Done since last time we met
Current view of product roadmap
- SCA Compliance phase 1 (@lin_d_hop + @luisramos0) - stick with original plan - gradual roll-out, @Rachel switching as many hubs as possible during summer. Important to note that:
- refund cannot happen from OFN for orders made through connect, once switched to SCA .
- Mobile shopping improvements (@danielle + @maikel) - product listing is still the main thing we’re waiting on, close but not closed.
CLOSED: Spree and 2.1 and Rails Upgrade.
- Target Tuesday 4th August for UK and Canada, can go before @lin_d_hop is away is best, USA will go last as lots of sales and not much support
- Retro: after delivery train half hour next week? Yup
- kick-off was planned, but @Matt-Yorkley has done the two issues, they are in code review. @luisramos0 will review
- Product Review to check the situation and what else at 7pm (Melb time) Tuesday 4 August
Rails Upgrades 4.1 and 4.2
- There is a big PR @luisramos0 prepared a month ago, has feedback. Hopefully one week to finish Rails 4.1.
- Rails 4.2 hopefully also quite small, maybe 4 weeks dev and massive value for getting there (2015-2016)
- Bye Bye Spree is ongoing - not related
- Tech solution is changing . .
- Needs UX / design - will be allocating a new designer - yay!
Consumer price comparison (?) - inception and design required
XX USA and Canada server upgrades
- What is the performance issues - we need to see the problem - new GH issue. If it is then is easy for us to upgrade AWS as is, just click a few buttons to spec it up
- The ‘control’ issue is really 1-2 hour job to move to a new AWS account - @lauriewayne1 when framed like this is it still a priority?
- eco-friendly difficult to prioritise this right now, and is it what we want. We need a strategy around values-aligned and how much resource we put into it
- Canada increasing concern about data being hosted in the USA
XX Map focus for new volunteer dev: starting a Wishlist / discussion forum re. map, to include:
- Map ux improvements
- Completion of OSM
- OSM / Google - continued co-existence? If we build features in one / both etc?
Notes from topics covered in the session
- Need to start thinking about how to onboard the product manager this week.