Continuing the discussion from Product curation meeting #15 notes - 16 June 2020:
Done since last time we met
Current view of product roadmap
Spree 2.1 + Rails Upgrade (@Rachel + @luisramos0) - Some issues with the current version, rollout is on standby until the bugs are resolved. Katuma, Germany and Belgium on V3, plus India and Brazil made the jump themselves. Need to decide on what we should fix as a priority. This will be in next couple of days. Safest bet is to say we’re delayed by at least a week. Need a retro to understand why this is happening again, feels a bit like groundhog day with the problems that are happening, not sure they could have been avoided but worth discussing. @rachel to add a link to the notes here.
Hub’s suppliers can prepare individual orders for the hub’s customers (@Kirsten + @sauloperez) - Waiting for V3.
History of invoice changes (@Rachel) - incepted last year, detail needs to be documented in GH.
Invoice number system (@Rachel) - incepted last year, detail needs to be documented in GH.
Consumer price comparison (?) - inception required
Networking pt 1 (@Kirsten + @luisramos0 + @Mario ) - scope conversation last week led to stripping back scope to be leaner for version 1. This will be worked on further to get it to the point of designed.
Improved reporting (@HarrietHolley + @lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) - draft roadmap built and ready for input, tax report first, then BI/Metabase, then in-app and API work. Tax report is now being focused on (inception).
Notes on topics covered in the session
Prioritising work on the replica DBs (for BI)
- Allows instance managers to solve so many problems that grind them to death. So has a really high value for a small piece of work.
- Has been prioritised as the next important thing after the Spree rollout (V3), and SCA/Mobile work.
Matomo implementation on shopping flow
- First round looking at shopping flow and quantifying the product unavailable problem. Looking at firstly how often this event occurs, and the time between putting it in the cart and having the error display.
- Checkout funnels were set up(success + when error is displayed), along with error events, to try and track these.
- Results: not that many instances of this error showing, small number which means it’s a sev 3 kinda thing.
- Wasn’t possible to understand the time between adding to cart and then error appearing. But do we need it given it’s not as frequently occurring as we originally thought?
- @mbudm will create a how to so they can see how to set up the funnels/events and then how to check the logs. Post in super admin guide, @kirsten will show how to do this.
- Issue around Matomo being a global licence, and so traffic will increase as more people use it. @rachel to investigate if the extra activity via Matomo is increasing charges. Will decide on further rollout based on understanding this.
Reports product vision
- Good product vision session during the week, focused on next priorities plus technical solution.
- Looking to bring it up to a higher view to get an understanding of what we want it to achieve. North star or common goals, whatever. So it’s easier to make decisions.
- @HarrietHolley had a stab at a project vision, but from a product perspective were looking at something that was like the biz model canvas (lean canvas).
- Question as to whether this is a good idea to do, and to set up a session?
- Crowd seems ok with it, session to be set up.