Continuing the discussion from Product curation meeting #14 notes - 2 June 2020:
Done since last time we met
Current view of product roadmap
SCA Compliance phase 1 (@lin_d_hop + @luisramos0) - Luis fixed a few more bugs, need to be patched, then continue with UK rollout and potentially also FR. Bugs will be in patch releases as spree upgrade is rolled out.
Mobile shopping improvements (@danielle + @maikel) - Product listing changes should be ready for testing this week. View cart should be in master this week. Deployments and releases are on standby until spree upgrade has been rolled out.
Spree 2.1 + Rails Upgrade (@Rachel + @luisramos0) - Rollout activities, has been merged into master. Will deploy in groups, instances with lower traffic first and then see how it goes, then on and on. Timing TBD on this, will communicate via slack.
Hub’s suppliers can prepare individual orders for the hub’s customers (@Kirsten + @sauloperez) - work to be kicked off in the next delivery train.
History of invoice changes (@Rachel) - incepted last year, detail needs to be documented in GH.
Invoice number system (@Rachel) - incepted last year, detail needs to be documented in GH.
Consumer price comparison (?) - inception required
Improved reporting (@HarrietHolley + @lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) - technical investigation being done to get to a tech strategy. Ready to bring focus back to product, run a product vision session next week for a collective view on this.
Notes on topics covered in the session
Metabase insights - a growing priority?
- Becoming something that Australia and potentially others would want.
- Could take the quick win approach by setting up australia and being careful on DB load.
- Or could set up Kafka properly and do the job well, not sure how much time is required for this.
- This links to reporting work, where there are needs for BI and in-app reporting. Potential for the problem of getting data out of OFN to be solved by the reporting initiative. Any requirement for prioritisation of Metabase work will come off the back of that.
Hiring a product manager
- Job overview and application form ready to go.
- Where to put it out to?
- Put it on the website (@danielle to organise)
- Put it out to our networks (actively, broadcast on Slack and then ask all to share)
- Handling questions? <- Slack channel #join-team, get people to ask questions in this channel.