This post is not related to our prioritization process. This post is related to new designers onboarding and it’s objective is to share info and context with new comers.
This post lists some initiatives that may land on our roadmap that will require involvement from the Design team.
For details about what is already prioritized, you can go to the Product curation meeting notes: Product curation meeting #18 notes - 28 July 2020
This list takes our current priorities/product curation chats and lists tasks that require design input:
- Compliant Invoices - Trace order amendments through invoice lines and generate legally compliant invoices - #22 by luisramos0
- Consumer price comparison - Display price per unit on variants
- Network feature phase 1 - Network - phase 1
- Reports Overhaul - Reports Project
The following list of from Luis outside of current priorities:
- Maps - Improving User 'Discovery' on OFN Map
- Mobile-Ready feedback and improvements - something to start when we finish the current Mobile Ready work now in delivery
- Backoffice UI Revamp - A new admin interface for OFN - #18 by jonleighton
- Subscriptions phase 1 feedback and Subscriptions phase 2 discovery (I am not sure this is the best/latest discourse post about it: Subscriptions improvements - #22 by tschumilas)
In addition to Luis’ list from Lynne in no particular order:
- Placing an order in the back office - I believe there is a Github epic for this but I can’t find it.
- Refunds, account balances etc in back office: Github Epic
- /shops page on mobile: Fell out of scope for recent mobile work and… well, try it on mobile: openfoodnetwork.org.uk/shops#/.
Some inputs from Rachel (in addition as well):
- Our checkout experience is not good. This: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/5545 will help us asses it more clearly, but we have often feedback in France that people don’t checkout. They add to the basket and then they think they are done.
- People get confused to see their product can run out of stock during checkout (after the cart) : Secure products availability during checkout process
- Users complain they often don’t see that you need to scroll on the checkout page to fill everything. A more linear checkout would help.
- Our radio buttons for shipping and paying are sooooo tiny!!
Capturing payments and refunds
- We did this Don't reload Orders page after payment is captured · Issue #4377 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub but people are still capturing and doing refunds in batch. Bulk actions would be interesting to help them save time.
Contrast - font size
- Especially a backend issue, but spree font size and colors (blue on white) are very difficult to read.
- Our notifications messages for success / errors are like a christmas tree: green, orange, blue, red on blue… and they pop up during 2 seconds only sometimes. You need to be a fast reader Would be cool to standardize them.