Product curation meeting #19 notes - 11 August 2020

Continuing the discussion from Product curation meeting #18 notes - 28 July 2020:

Done since last time we met


Current view of product roadmap

In play

  1. Spree and 2.1 and Rails Upgrade - Still working on high severity bugs so this is not yet fully finished. This has been moved up to the top of the list as these S2 bugs must be finished before any other work can be started.

  2. SCA Compliance phase 1 (@lin_d_hop + @luisramos0) - no change (AFAIK) - gradual roll-out, @Rachel switching as many hubs as possible during summer. Important to note that refund cannot happen from OFN for orders made through connect, once switched to SCA. This was spoken about in the comments from the previous curation session, decision needs to be made on it’s priority level.

  3. Mobile shopping improvements (@danielle + @maikel) - no change, product listing is still the main thing we’re waiting on, close but not closed.

  4. The BI database replica stuff for use with Metabase (@lin_d_hop + @HarrietHolley + @Matt-Yorkley) - No change, @luisramos0 to pick this up once V3 is done.

  5. Hub’s suppliers can prepare individual orders for the hub’s customers (@Kirsten + @sauloperez) - Sitting with @Matt-Yorkley, waiting to test what’s been built and then review if more is required.

Next up

  1. Allowing shoppers to agree on T&Cs (@lin_d_hop + @sauloperez) - stories in GH, ready to go.

  2. Rails Upgrades 4.1 and 4.2 (@luisramos0) - Luis is continuing to work on his PR. Remaining work to be kicked off once other priorities are delivered.

  3. History of invoice changes (@Rachel + @luisramos0) - waiting for re-inception

  4. Invoice number system (@Rachel + @luisramos0) - waiting for re-inception

  5. Consumer price comparison (?) - waiting for inception

  6. Networking pt 1 (@Kirsten + @luisramos0 + @Mario ) - recommended next steps have been shared with the team (allow hubs to create variants for producer products), waiting for approval. Next couple of weeks there’ll be some further thinking around it until everyone is back from vacation to provide approval/input.

  7. Adapted weights and measures (@Kirsten or @lin_d_hop + hopefully @luisramos0?) - new person working on it, submitted a PR but that removes the autoscaling function which isn’t a good move so he’s going to figure out how to keep the autoscaling working - new pr here.

  8. Improved reporting (@HarrietHolley + @lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) - created spreadsheet for tax report that includes the data that is likely to be needed. Will share this to get feedback to make sure it covers all requirements.

Notes from topics covered in the session

  • US and Canada server upgrades don’t need to be included in the product roadmap. They are sys admin small tasks and should be handled separately.

  • Volunteer effort is being spent on looking at use of maps on OFN. Discovery being done around this, but nothing is to be included in the pipe at this stage. Quick wins will be delivered by @julia.e.carney and/or go in as papercuts.

Hello, thanks for these notes, very useful :slight_smile:
I am back from holidays and looking at dev ready now.

  1. The current issues with payments have PRs from Matt and Maikel, I dont think I can add more to it, I think we need to release the PRs (5906 and 5905) and re-assess if the issues persist.

  2. We will probably get back to this soon but we are still holding this until further feedback from the roll out, right?

  3. I see all 5 epics are in Dev Ready. I wonder if this is the correct status for each of them:

    • 4597 - 5. Product list - in dev by Maikel
    • 4572 - 4. Order cycle - left overs from the design sweep - I think have spent too much time on these little things - this needs to be looked at by another dev or skipped
    • 4567 - 3. Shop tabs - pending discussion and implementation of small tweaks from the design sweep
    • 5024 - 7. Cart - one pending issue #5765 (I’ll ping Matt to see if he is planning to do it, otherwise I can take it) and it needs a design sweep by Yuko.
    • 4601 - 6. Search - all issues closed, pending design sweep only?
  4. in progress by Matt

  5. 2 PRs in Code Review plus the matomo issue (5055) which is under discussion with a comment from Steve a few days ago.

This analysis led me to conclude I should move T&Cs #5517 to Dev Ready and start it this week. Right?