Bulk Product Edit (BPE) Page
Grand Re-Visioning . . increased separation between the product’s primary information and the management of inventory, stock, prices, overrides etc. This will enable Enterprises to have a greater control of which products and variants they actually want to see and work with (e.g. hide the ones they don’t want). Detailed outline of this grand-visioning is at Upgrade Variant Overrides Interface for Independent Inventory Control by Hubs
This will reduce the usage intensity of the bulk product edit page, so implementing fixes below considered a lower priority for now (September 2015)
- Make BPE sortable by titles e.g. alphabetical by product name
- Needs to be clear that BPE price is the producer price - and that hub fees etc will be added on to what is displayed in the shopfront
- BPE: search box to still look in the Producer name as well as the Product name? for quick producer selection?
- It would be great to be able to control the order that variants appear
Commonly used fields that can’t currently be accessed without going into the full product edit, which then contains a whole lot of superfluous and confusing things. When you do go to edit a product it loses the current state of your filters on the BPE page.
- access description
- poss. open edit page in new tab (or modal) so don’t lose filters
- If filter is set, keep it in place on update / refresh - doesn’t go away until is cleared or the session ends
- On spree products admin page, when adding a new product, we need a CSS clear after the new product form to avoid the pagination clashing with that form.
- Rename value field when adding products to “Number of Units” or # Units, Num. Units?
Cloning Products and Variants
see also G#660 Product Duplication Errors
- When cloning products, the url doesn’t get updated with the updated name
- Unit value should default to 1
- Master variant doesn’t need a SKU and SKU should NOT be populated when variant is cloned (does this do it @lisahill?)
- Clone variants when cloning a product
- fix value things in product page OR better control elsewhere
- probably going to want to be able to manage group buy from overrides (each Hub determines setting)
- remove button?
- If there is no product image, could the image be automatically populated with Producer logo
- drag / drop - display on product page
Creating a new product puts it as the top of the list, but cloning a product places the clone at the bottom of the list. When the list gets really long, you spend a tonne of time scrolling up and down.
Cloned product should not have a SKU
The ‘Save Changes’ button is only at the top - more scrolling (can there be a second one at the bottom?).
Add optional column fields for management of on demand (vs stock ‘on hand’); skus; product properties
if a product/variant has overrides a little alert symbol is shown from BPE