Continuing the discussion from Product curation meeting #21 notes - 8 September 2020:
Done since last time we met
Current view of roadmap
Stripe SCA compliance phase 1 + automated tests (@lin_d_hop + @luisramos0) - @Matt-Yorkley is turning the automated tests epic for the pipe. Rollout going smoothly, everyone in the UK is on SCA and so far no issues, finished in FR as well (those remaining are using subscriptions so will wait for next round of work before rolling on).
Mobile shopping improvements (@danielle + @maikel) - Product list redesign final tweaks being worked on this week, will need to do image resize server-side work beforehand. This likely to happen next week and the new design out the week after.
The BI database replica for use with Metabase (@Jana + @Matt-Yorkley) - not sure where this is at, will need an update from @Jana and @Matt-Yorkley on exactly where this piece of work is at and what’s left to do.
Allowing shoppers to agree on T&Cs (@lin_d_hop + @sauloperez) - flowing through pipe, first usable nugget is done, but the remaining work for the first phase is still coming through. User guide will be updated once the first phase is live, instance managers will be notified at this point as well.
Stripe SCA compliance - subscriptions (@lin_d_hop + @luisramos0) - ready to go, stories in GH, still need to do a sanity check on test cases but to all intents and purposes it’s ready to be picked up.
Networking pt 1 (@Kirsten + @luisramos0 + @Mario ) - In depth work done for UI work on product list, feedback good so far, next step on that to catch up with @luisramos0 and start slicing up the work to be done for this. For @Mario the next step is to review the flow where producers to give permissions to hubs and for hubs to add products to their product lists.
Adapted weights and measures (@Jana + hopefully @luisramos0?) - first piece of work is done, tested, live. Another issue will be created and completed for bulk order management. Have a workaround for shipping, however there’s one bug left to fix. Making it part of the config set up may need to also be done, will size this work and then decide on whether it’s in/out of scope for this round of work.
Improved reporting (@lin_d_hop + @Rachel + @Matt-Yorkley) - no update from last catch up, need to integrate community feedback into planning. Low on the list at the moment so no urgency to pick this up over other priorities.
Notes from topics covered in session
- Slack conversation where it was decided that the API was officially being supported. What @lin_d_hop has proposed is that we need to do a bit of work to make this ok.
- Endpoints that are tidy, others that include messy spree logic that doesn’t make sense and requires hacking. Quirks that mean we can’t support those endpoints till they’re tidied.
- Using @luisramos0’s personal email address instead of an OFN one.
- Couples tightly with bye bye spree and also adjustments improvements.
- Is this tech debt or product opportunity?
- Currently impacting on pipe as endpoints not working are going through as S2 bugs. Not sure why, given we don’t say we support an API for external use.
- Priority of this would be after what is already in the roadmap, the assumption at this point is that it isn’t a bigger priority.
- First phase likely to be deciding which endpoints we want to support.
- Having it in a personal account is a clear sign that we’re not officially supporting it.
- For now need to move it out of Luis’ personal account and use an OFN account and look at writing it up and we can point people to it without saying we publicly support it at this stage and it’s an informal set of APIs and we’re looking to improve our API coverage. Luis is has said he’s going to do the work moving them.
- @lin_d_hop will take on writing this up as a discourse item, this work can happen after the gathering.
Trademark work and the platform
- Potential work required to separate brand elements from the open source repo, so that only the open source elements are available for associates but affiliates setting up OFN instances can access these as part of their licence agreement.
- Also need to do an audit on the software, there are a lot of things that are more proprietary (e.g. about page hard links to AU).
- However, none of this work needs to be considered in the context of the roadmap yet, this is a notice that it may come up as a need as the trademark work evolves.