What is the need / problem
- It’s not possible to send multiple invoices for multiple orders at once
- Jane needs to ask the hub to email her the invoices if she needs it, she doesn’t automatically receive it in her OFN account
Who does it impact
- Mary / Shannon who do the invoincing operation
- Jane / Mary who receives the invoice (from Mary or Shannon)
What is the current impact of this problem
- Mary / Shannon: they need to generate manually one invoice by going into each order separately which is very time consuming
- Jane: she can’t have an easy access to her invoices
What is the benefit in focusing on this
Time efficiency + easy access of invoices for customers
Links to more details
- Possibility to print several orders in one shoot (print several invoices in one shot)
- Multiple order management index (angularised)
- GH issue / wishlist: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2396 with some discussions on it
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
1- We can enable hub managers to mark an order / a bunch of orders as collected and then the invoice is automatically generated and attached to user account (and could be automatically sent by email if hub set that hub as a preference for instance)…
Pros: Jane will have easily access to her orders without asking it, and hub could decide if invoice is sent by email as well automatically when orders are marked as collected. No need to print invoices. Aligned with the direction taken with delivery note job.
Cons: it doesn’t enable Mary to print the invoices if she wants to, so will need anyway to implement some bulk actions on orders + marking a bunch of orders as collected will also need bulk actions to be implemented on orders so option 2 might be a better option as a first iteration (some first value added for little effort).
2- We can from bulk order management select multiple orders at once (add a multi-selector checkbox that you can thick after having applied fiters) and have a first action to “print invoices for selected orders” (later on we can add more actions like “send invoices by email for selected orders” or “mark selected orders as collected”…). That would for instance open one merged PDF with all invoices in it (but might take time to generate) that the hub manager can then print (I don’t think printing can be launched automatically without having one PDF that opens, can it?)
Cons: Jane still can’t really access easily her invoices, so less value probably than option 1 + Mary have to print if she wants to treat invoices by bulk (or we need to add action “send invoices for selected orders by email”)
Pros: but quicker to implement if we want just bulk invoice printing and bulk actions will be needed for other things so better value/effort rate probably
3- We generate a new report that creates a PDF to print?
Cons: sound strange in term of UX…