Kicking off international partner/community monthly discussions

here is a not very significant contribution from me . . the screenshot I took of all of you as a little record :slight_smile: sorry @NickWeir you just happened to be highlighted and pulling a funny face at the time!

Hi everyone! We discussed during the last community hangout about “global statistics” and updates about what is going on in each OFN local. I started a thread on that, and that would be great if we could regularly update it, so that we can all communicate on the global project. It’s a wiki, so you can all modify it and update your local community informations, and I put a link to a spreadsheet with global statistics also, that would be great if you fill it in :wink:
The source file in our new OFN global drive (please remember to put your files concerning the global community in it!)
All this is just a first suggestion and can of course be adapted!

Thanks to all who attended the 2nd global community HO yesterday ( @lin_d_hop @NickWeir @CynthiaReynolds @lisekvan).
We were just a small group, as most people are on holiday, so we just started a first round of feedback/comments/questions on the global governance design process.

For all those that want to follow or join this dicussion (@eric @lawrence @Kirsten @serenity) , please check out the notes from our HO yesterday and this document, which we based our discussions on. Both of these and more documents are in the OFN global drive.

The next hangout is scheduled for the 8th September, where we’re hoping to be able to finalise a “status quo” of roles and people currently involved in OFN.

Hi everyone!
Here are the dates for the coming community HO. Some are the regular ones, and some have been added to discuss specifically the global governance design process, topic which will also be one of the focus of the deceleration week (http://community.openfoodnetwork.org/t/global-governance-coaching-for-ofn-at-deceleration-week-5-9-oct-in-france/290/7).
Times are unchanged Oslo/Paris: 13:00 - London: 12:00 - Melbourne: 21:00 - Johannesburg: 13:00 - North Carolina: 7:00

-8th September (planned monthly HO): we will talk about the values (see first draft here) and the current roles (see model here, still in draft mode). The idea is to share a representation of “what is today”. I invite you to read and comment/edit some first reflexions on the subject here and there.
We will keep 10 min for other updates if needed.
-22nd September: we’ll give an overview on different governance tools and models that could inspire us and give us ideas (we will ask you to share your ideas and models also before that HO!). For information, I’m going to the European Organization Design Forum: http://www.eodf.eu/2015-annual-conference/. Hope it can bring some other interesting sources of inspiration!

• 7th October: we’ll share at mid-course of the deceleration week the reflexion we had with the mentors about the current design and the different inspirations, and about what permanent reshaping processes could help us develop in a decentralized though organized way our organization, and the governance of our commons.
  • 13th October (planned monthly HO): we’ll take some time for a feedback after the deceleration week and talk about next steps + take time to talk about other subjects we need to discuss together in the monthly HO :slight_smile:
    Governance design is a permanent process that we are opening now, so we need to find then a regular pace to move forward!

Thanks in advance for writting down those dates! I’ll share the link for the hangout on that thread the day before as a reminder :smile:

1 Like

@MyriamBoure @selmo can we pls add to the agenda for 8 Sept? We have just signed interim MOU with South Africa. Can be model for interim agreements for other countries launching branded instances before we get broader governance model sorted.

COLLABORATION AGREEMENT OFN Kandu ACT v3.docx (27.9 KB) ith South Africa

Hi again everyone!
Thanks to all of you who participated to the discussion.
You will find in the tab for today’s meeting the notes/links/comments… please feel free to add comments I would have forgotten, or other comments
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14TJgSejLlq_f4qe9bbsalTHevwuBRsNGX5SHJEdN21U/edit?usp=sharing

Next HO will be 22nd September, same time!

Hi everyone
This will be part of our update for today’s HO if its happening! We’ve started to split out our numbers into 4 “projects” (Aust OFN; Software services; Global Open Source project; and Thrive - grant for capacity building community food enterprises in Aust). Just so everyone can see our current assumptions/where we’re at with money.
OFN Master Sheet - Sept 2015.xlsx (64.2 KB)

1 Like

Just a quick update after today’s global HO:

We (Lynne, Myriam & I) realise the need to find an easy, light and accessible way to communicate the work we’ve done during the DECELERATION WEEK, not to overload anyone and to give you guys a chance to contribute and co-create this with us.

So we just agreed in a little post-HO hangout :wink: that Discourse would be the best tool for sharing and allowing participation.
So here’s what we’re planning: we’ll publish, one by one over the coming weeks (maybe one a week?) the five main areas of work that we focused on last week, and introduce some of the suggestions/projects/tasks that result from each.
And we’ll create one central thread that allows access to the five sub-threads (or groups, not sure yet how best to use discourse for that - we’ll figure it out - any input?) and that allows people to follow the particular aspect(s) of this process they’re most interested in.

As a preview, the five areas are (note our fabulous titles):

• beautiful & well-communicated VALUES BOARD
  • the wonderful OFN “CONTRIBUTORS MILL”
  • clear & light COMMUNICATION TOOLS & processes
  • the “ACCESS GAME” - a smooth way to get involved
  • lean collaboration & DECISION-MAKING PROCESSES

ping @eric @serenity @NickWeir @tschumilas @CynthiaReynolds @lawrence @MyriamBoure @lin_d_hop

1 Like

HI everyone! For our next community hangout Tuesday 12th January, here is the document where you can put the items you want to discuss with the community:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14TJgSejLlq_f4qe9bbsalTHevwuBRsNGX5SHJEdN21U/edit#gid=1869906181
(make sure you are on the tab 12th January!)
Talk to you tomorrow :slight_smile: As a reminder, here is the link to the HO: https://hangouts.google.com/call/s6uwqqfzf3bxeoz2qv64jclbjma