# Meeting times - two choices (pick at least one for your instance):
- 19 July 10pm/2200 hrs UTC
- 25 July 2pm/1400 hrs UTC
# Notes from last meeting: Instance Managers Circle Meeting: Q2 2022 (Combined Agenda and Minutes)
- Brazil -
- Costa Rica
- Germany - Konrad, meeting 1
- Iberian peninsular (Catalonia, Spain, Portugal)
- New Zealand - Bernie, meeting 1
- South Africa
- UK - Aaron, Nick - both meeting 2
- USA - Laurie W, both meetings, Kent, meeting 2
# Meeting 1 recording:
# Meeting 2 recording:
(recording here - click on circle arrows in upper right corner of the screen to switch views)
Basic and Core Instances Spreadsheet Link here - review for each instance:
- status –welcome Hungary and congratulations New Zealand!
- financial contributions to global: US instance at $0, there is one grant pending in August and there will be a small amount of money (but still as much as US has ever given); OFN UK: Q1 £32k, and Q2 £4k. Question: does pay for Lynn’s time for product (new role) count as a contribution to global? Answer: yes.
- any necessary changes or actions
Laurie to contact David T to organize financing your instance skill share and to fill out the instance status spreadsheet
Nick to contact India team to fill out instance spreadsheet -
- Invoices skill share Feedback from Konrad on recent Invoices skill share.
- Pricing Brief discussion on pricing for Groups and group discounts. Reference to OFN USA Group pricing model. Question around the need for a discounted price given the current cost effectiveness of OFN user fees (for some instances, free) in comparison to other e-commerce sites.
- White Label users Discussion around relationship between White Label users and OFN Instances e.g. a new OFN Hawaii and OFN USA, OFN NZ and interested local parties (in South Island and from new national gleaning network). Identity identified as an important issue for White Label users. Potential OFN brand and reputation risk should a group choose to use OFN name/logo. Recognition of the open source nature of OFN software and freedom of use. Question around conditions and trigger for country-specific OFN trademarks. Note process for OFN trademark application, takes 1+ years after filing. OFN trademark ownership with Open Food Network Foundation.
- USA: Laurie is standing down from the USA Instance Manager role over next few months - new Instance Manager to be in place by October. Laurie will stay connected to OFN USA and to the wider community albeit in a lighter capacity. Thank you to @lauriewayne1 for her invaluable contribution to OFN and the global commons - and for leading and coordinating the Instance Managers Circle. We will miss your energy and positivity!
- NZ: The NZ platform is being upgraded to the most recent software version on Mon 25 July. Thank you to everyone that has helped to make this happen.
- UK: Still looking for an official instance manager. Aaron is bringing sociocracy processes to the UK!
# PROPOSALS and DECISIONS:
- Funding Our Instances skill share (see Q2 IM Circle Meeting for details). @lauriewayne1 to follow up request with @dthomas
- Shared non-global/non product development resources for short tasks like Zaps and other integrations (proposed by Laurie). Support for a request to OFN instances to share and leverage resources, including inventories of OFN tools that may help to streamline/automate admin functions e.g. script for QuickBooks downloads etc. Note bespoke solutions being deployed by different instances - as per recent Invoicing skill share. Nick to propose a circle or gathering to organize this function (see comment below - and the discussion in the recording starting at 20:30)
- Inactive Instances Discussion on process for closing down an instance. Unsuccessful establishment of OFN Mexico with the coop shifting to an alternate platform. Suggestion to remove links from OFN global site/comms. @NickWeir could advise of any other OFN expressions of interest from Mexico (potential for someone else to take over). Process proposal post here. Nick also described the continuing history of the India instance.
- Instance Managers Circle @berniemabbs has volunteered to coordinate the Oct 22 IM Circle Meeting in light of Laurie’s upcoming departure.
# NEXT MEETING: Quarter 4 - Two choices
- 17 Oct 2pm/1400 hrs UTC or
- 18 Oct 9pm/2100hrs UTC
Call for Agenda items.