# Meeting times - two choices:
- 25 April 2pm/1400 hrs UTC (Meeting link: Instance Managers Circle Meeting)
- 26 April 10pm/2200 hrs UTC (Meeting link: Instance Managers Circle Meeting 2)
Meetings are also in Global Calendar - Please contact Laurie Wayne if you need access to that!
# Notes from last meeting: https://community.openfoodnetwork.org/t/instance-managers-circle-meeting-q1-2022-combined-agenda-and-minutes
- Brazil - Thomaz, Meeting 2
- Canada - David, Meeting 2
- Costa Rica
- Germany - Konrad, Meeting 1
- Ireland - Evonne Meeting 1
- Iberian peninsular (Catalonia, Spain, Portugal)
- New Zealand - Bernie, Meeting 2
- South Africa
- UK - Aaron & Nick - meeting 1
- USA - Laurie, both meetings
- Basic and Core Instances Link here
- Final decision about 40 % contribution of net income for Basic Instances → Responsibility, No Responsibility or Optional?
- Motivate Instances to pair and do the evaluation of their current status
- Welcome Hungary
- Discuss the path to becoming a Basic Instance
- Requirements of Core Instance
- Does being active in the OFN Europe circle count as a “second circle”?
- Community Pledge and User Guide to be updated to reflect contribution to global pot.
- Update on Hungary: Food hub in south Hungary selling 200 boxes/week with 20-30 volunteers and 3-4 paid staff. Long term goal of selling 8,000 boxes/week. Like OFN software but are wanting a new front end separate from OFN, including producers, products, checkout. Platform to target hubs, food markets, organic distributors, producers.
- Canada working on a number of provincial grants: 1. buying clubs i.e. small micro-hubs with a few households, 2. Covid recovery - incubator and strategic planning/roadmap accelerator - building a board and networks. 3 grants secured over last period.
- NZ has introduced monthly charges (monthly fee + % of total sales). Brazil will start charging a fixed fee (legal requirement) from next month as part of new website launch.
- NZ platform update pending subject to global sys pool availability. Brazil platform quite far behind in updates and struggling to keep up.
- Brazil working with Slow Food Movement on pilot project to shift initiatives online.
- USA working on interoperability and food accelerator grant/project proposals.
- Laurie keen to explore how we automate manual admin tasks - user admin, charging/payments, active/inactive users etc.
# PROPOSALS and DECISIONS:
Agree that Core Instances commit 40% of user fees to Global pot to support system admin/tech support. Contribution from discretionary income optional (i.e. over and above the minimum contribution) recognising the restrictions on the redistribution of grant funding, which make up the majority of instance income.
Servers must be on latest version to be added to Global pool.
“Funding our instances” working group proposal from Laurie. Agree to pilot skill share co-working meetings, outside of Instance Managers Circle. First session to focus on funding and pitches - how to secure sponsorship and grants. Live examples include market validation (Canada), Data Consortium (UK, France), food hub accelerator (Canada, Australia?). @dthomas to schedule/post on Slack.
# NEXT MEETING: Quarter 3 - Two choices
- 19 July 10pm/2200 hrs UTC or
- 25 July 2pm/1400 hrs UTC