Customers shopping through a Hub or Store can have different abilities or qualities that affect their shopping experience e.g.
- a Hub may be only open for members - non-members cannot shop before joining up
- there may be a discount for members
- there may be a discount for staff or volunteers
- wholesale customers could see variants or prices that are different from retail customers
Connected to the discussion from ‘Tagging’ Products and Customers:
- would be good to let enterprises set-up and manage their own tags, while also encouraging them to use tags that are the same as others . . because then we’ll be able to do cooler system wide stuff with it. so suggestive ‘tag’ as they’re typing offering those already in the system
- but enabling them to easily manage their own
Time to have a look at whether existing tagging gem might enable us to do this in an achievable (not blow out) kind of way.
crazy but cool idea
- if we did have a tagging system, it would be really cool to have a zapier / rule-management type interface that let users set their own rules
If Customer is tagged wholesale, shopfront restricts to products/variants tagged wholesale
If Customer is tagged member, checkout applies adjustment - 3%