WIP : Improve OFN Map / directory

Thank you @nicolas for this new post on the topic. As a reminder, would be great to link in the main post to understand the links, two other discussions were proposing things around the same topic: Making OFN an open directory for all the local/sustainable food ecosystem and [WIP] Revamping OFN as Enterprise Search & Directory (in the template you have "link to other discussions normally).

For me that project should not be OFN only. It should be collaborative, a shared mapping infrastructure that anyone can integrate in their own website, or we can build “third party maps”. We are discussing with INRA and Rouen Metropole to see how to start a project in the spirit of https://transiscope.org/ driven by the Virtual Assembly based on semantic web standards.
We already started to talk with @tschumilas especially around this document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PnwWbj3cYCEYWoEmfvFtQYMGiqa0EInfTdPaGMqBBF0/edit. INRA we discuss with is the national research entity on agriculture things, the researcher we work with is only working on local food systems, she is super interested to get INRA involved in that project. Do you think your research lab would be interested to partner @tschumilas ?

Virtual Assembly confirmed that transiscope is built on Gogocarto, so it could be use as tool for implementation of that project.

One question we need to ask ourselves is if we want in OFN to display a map with all the ecosystem? Or just our hubs and some “friends hubs”, I mean hubs that share our values? Do we want to keep the directory within OFN app or redirect to a more “common / mutualized” app that we share more globally with the ecosystem?

Again my opinion on this is that the value of OFN it the NETWORK. But I understand that maybe we don’t want to redirect from within OFN to a map where buyer will find all Food Assemblies hubs (even if we are happy that they exist, we have different visions :-)) So I would be in favor of only displaying data in our map, within OFN, of hubs within our community, that can be a bit larger than just the hubs that use the OFN platform…

My 2 cts :wink: