A Property can be attached to an Enterprise e.g. this Producer is Certified Organic. A Product inherits Properties from its Producer
The Properties are shown throughout the Shopping experience
(see here for more detail)
Over time this could turn into a much more sophisticated p2p guarantee system, with lots more flexibility, endorsements etc. But for now we just need a simple way to start capturing and filtering by common certifications and practices.
Are there any other Properties that you need to have available to explain your production practices?
Name: Presentation: Value, entered for each product e.g. [link]
- Org-Cert: Certified Organic: NASAA Cert.: 0123123
- Org-Conv: Organic - In Conversion: “We started the conversion process 2 years ago and are on track” include organic industry number
- Biod-Cert: Biodynamic - certified: XX No. 1234123
- Free Range: Free Range: “Cert. Assoc and Number”
- Fair-trade: Fair Trade “cert.?”
- MSC: Marine Stewardship Council “cert. number”
- Certified Naturally Farmed
Most likely yes - self-stated but fairly clear what is meant - we can do more work on definitions for clarity
- Org-NonCert: Organic Practices (not certified): "We have been
- Chem-free: Chemical Free: “Enterprise describes what this means to them”
- Pest-free: Pesticide Free: “enterprise describes what this means to them”
- Grassfed: Grass Fed [NB. replacing all Pasture Fed with Grass Fed]
Possibilities for further discussion and debate - contentious, so needing some stronger arguments before they would be included.
Participatory / Peer guarantee system