Shopfront Display

I don’t see the pie chart consuming a lot of space on-screen - and I’m a fan of it.

One thing we’ve seen, well, heard, with CLFC is a misconception that the co-op is making a LOT of money on products, and really marking up prices. That little pie chart very clearly shows those buyers just how many pennies (or nickels in Canada) we’re really getting from each sale.

Will EVERY user look at it on every item? Of course not. But it is quite useful for those who want to see it - and it definitely adds to transparency when it comes to what you are paying. It’s a 16 pixel circle, with useful information behind it. That’s far from wasted space, it’s actually incredibly efficient.

I do agree as far as the properties/product categories listed at the upper right. It wasn’t immediately clear to me either that those were filters at all. I thought it was just a list of product categories that were available in the shop. Something that tells shoppers that they can filter the results there could be useful. Whether that’s a dropdown list, checkboxes, or a simple ‘Click to filter results’ instruction with the current setup – which works very nicely once you know what it is – is something the UX experts could decide. The current function is great, it’s just not clear to a new user that it even exists.