What is the need / problem
In 2 words: Customers easily go through the whole placing order process on mobile
There are various UX issues on mobile/tablet navigation, so that makes ordering process a bit harder and not appealing on mobile devices. Today we can’t say we have an available “mobile ready” feature, so lots of things are dysfonctioning on mobile. The most pressing need is to make sure users can make an order on mobile. Instances gets lots of complains at the moment from users who don’t manage to order on mobile.
Who does it impact
All customers who want to buy from phone/tablet.
What is the current impact of this problem
Hubs might loose sales as it’s hard to order from mobile device. Customers get annoyed.
What is the benefit in focusing on this
Make customer ordering experience good and improve transformation rate for hubs
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
- Review UX, solve responsiveness issues. First story will be to address checkout issues on mobile as shops are loosing sales because of that.
Value x ease analysis and selection of our feature candidate
Moblie “quick wins”?
T-shirt size of the selected feature candidate
Metrics to measure if need is well satisfied after feature has been implemented
A user can place an order through mobile. Instance doesn’t receive anymore any message from users who don’t manage to place an order on mobile.
Epic and/or project board where you can follow implementation
NB. Set Zenhub to match ‘any’ filter not ‘all’ as there are sub-epics
Communications and Designs
Slack channel: #mobile-ready
Connected wishlist and discovery discussions:
- main discovery topic listing major needs and linking to Yuko’s job: Mobile Strategy Pt 1: Big Wins - Progress Now?
- whishlist exploring UX improvements for mobile: Customer Mobile Experience
- some parts in general discussions on UX improvement: UX Upgrades
- GH issue about empty filters on mobile: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1315
- GH issue on impossibility to access embedded shop/group (@enricostn suggested we keep that out of scope - TBD): https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2153
- GH issue on shopfront tab not displaying content on mobile view: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1295
- GH “When would you like your order’ cropped in mobile view”: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1296
- GH issue on bad scrolling UX on cart dropown: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1300
- GH “The browser error message shown on Desktop (telling Users that they can only add items to a single shop/cart) isn’t shown in Mobile”: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1299
- GH “Scroll bar disabled on mobile view of map profiles” : https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1834
- GH “pie chart/price breakdown option not shown when shopping from my phone” : https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2102
- Accessibility issues on Samsung mobiles and tablets in France (LOTS of cases) but didn’t managed yet to identify why… even on recent Samsung phones. One issue on tablets here: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2104 (might be related more to SSL)
- GH: Intermittent invalid certificates message on some recent Samsung phones
- GH: Stripe: Mobile Checkout layout unusable