# Facilitator/s: Evonne
# Note taker/s: Bernie
# Meeting time:
- Tuesday/Wednesday 11/12: Tuesday 11 April 8pm / 2000 hrs UTC
# Meeting link: https://meet.openfoodnetwork.net/
# Notes from last meeting: [Instance Managers Circle Meeting: Q1 2023 (Instance Managers Circle Meeting: Q1 2023 (Combined Agenda and Minutes))
Australia - Amida
Greece - Petros
Ireland - Evonne Boland
New Zealand - Bernie Mabbs
UK - Nick Weir, Patrick Mallery, Aaron
USA - Kent Lorentzen, Sara George
Iberian peninsular (Catalonia, Spain, Portugal)
# Meeting recording: [Playback]
**# AGENDA AND MINUTES **
@Petros_OFN_GR, Global Finance Administrator
Petros has met with most core instances to identify issues and improvements. Exploring:
- How to keep with financial processes e.g. monthly updates of global spreadsheet with current balance - have a clear view of cash flow and cash runway
- How to optimise or reshape existing processes and costs, create new tools that will help us run the financial projections in a more transparent way into the future.
- How to enhance performance of new and emerging instances.
- Thinking more strategically.
- Communication, coordination - are all IM on the same page? Observation that each instance is running its own race.
- How to make contributions to the global pot
- Reassuring to know that there is oversight to help us be more effective and look more grown up to funders
- Suggestion for Annual Appeal across all instances
- Finance: Some confusion on who makes decisions around funding allocations - is there a wiki/handbook on e.g. how do you update a global product sheet; N8N server went down - is UK paying for this? Who pays for what e.g. when costs increase.
- The network is incredibly complex for new instances, not talking about software, but communications e.g.1) Discourse where there are multiple posts happening on multiple topics; 2) Slack.
- Concern that Laurie’s role could get quite big - recognise that we all need to take some responsibility and not reinvent the wheel/duplicate work. Need to make it easier for new people.
- Onboarding instances and people - create a space where information easy to find.
- Need to understand what integrations exist or have already been built by other instances.
- Develop an index/central repository
- OFN Handbook - who is the audience? Designed for new instances - probably needs updating. There is a separate GitBook for developers.
Integrations and automations for managing instance more proactively: Evonne
What are Instances doing now & what can be shared? What’s the best way to share?
Communication within the IM Circle - is the Slack channel useful? What do you need from this Circle, what would be most useful for your needs as an IM?
- Poll - propose voting on priority of instance issues and proposed decisions/resolutions to guide next IM Circle meeting
- How engaged are quieter instances on Slack, how can we remove some of the noise for IM Circle content?
- IM Circle purpose - info sharing or sociocratic decision-making. Attendance patchy impacting circle effectiveness.
- User support and troubleshooting
- Running a business - community of practice
- Have more of a strategic decision making role - not all instances are represented in the Stewardship Circle
- New feature development - guide product development roadmap e.g. which feature would be more effectively/easily monetised. How to convert to more organic revenue
# PROPOSALS and DECISIONS:
Proposed Skill Shares -
- N8N Overview
N8N Integrations - opportunities and process for managing the wishlist pipeline
@amida will follow up on status of work on N8N repository. Caution raised around propriety nature of N8N.
- Self-care for Instance Managers
# NEXT MEETING: TBC