What is the need / problem ?
Right now users have different levels of functinality in different text fields. Specifically - they can insert hypertext when setting up their enterprise profile description. BUT they do not have the same functionality when they describe their products.
Problems with this:
Confusing to users - why don 't they have the same functionality wherever they enter text?
Missing a significant opportunity for our users to link to helpful information.
Use cases that have emerged in Canada recently:
- User wants to help consumers understand what a particular property (ie ‘free-range’, ‘local’) means, and wants to link to relevant on-line material.
- A group of producers are helping to start a sustainable food initiative and want to donate part of the sales from particular products to help fund the new project. They’d like to link those product descriptions to info about the new project and its funding campaign.
I think there are a number of other ways that our users would want to link to on-line information: recipee archives, links to events, links to food justice campaigns…
Who does it impact ?
Producers and hubs selling through OFN.
What is the current impact of the problem ?
Some information concerning products are hard to share with customers.
What is the benefit of focusing on this ?
Improve transparency, clarity of information about products from producers to customers.
Potential solutions that will solve the problem ?
Option 1: Add WYSIWYG functionality for product description text field
Doesn’t seem any other option appears… ?
Selection of a feature candidate
Option 1 is our feature candidate.
T-shirt size of our selected feature candidate
Metrics to measure if need is satisfied after feature is implemented
Customers are aware about this feature and at least one do use it to communicate about their products.
Epic/projet where you can follow implementation
Connected wishlist and discovery discussions*
- Using hyperlinks in product descriptions?
- fix done recently about WYSIWYG link not working in product description: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/pull/2298
- remember to open links in a new tab: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2339