If you’ve ever thought you might like to try testing, now is your chance We need lots of hands on deck to scour the entire site for anything fishy, so the more the merrier!
Rohan is working on implementing a Spree upgrade. His latest work is currently on the OFN staging server, ready for testing- Staging2.openfood.com.au . It will be on staging from 9th Nov - 17th Nov Australia time.
It’s intended that this Spree upgrade will have no effect on existing functionality. However, it could have potentially ‘broken’ any part of the site (the front end, the back end, and all features). So to test this upgrade, we need to play with all of the site’s functionality on staging. If you spot anything that looks different, isn’t working properly or is displaying in an unusual way, put this in your testing notes below.
New to testing? Check out this page as an intro - Testing Handbook
I’ve broken up the testing into the following chunks, if you’re keen to help, claim and chunk and get started. Please make note of things you’ve tested, to avoid duplication.
- Check that you can create a new producer shop enterprise. Add products, setup shipping and payment methods and open your order cycle. Check that your reports are working. Check that you can view, edit and create orders in the back end. See guide if it’s your first time - https://openfoodnetwork.org/user-guide/
*Create a hub and do the same as above
- Checkout in a shop like a customer would and make sure everything is working.
- Check that customer list and tagging is working correctly.
- Check that E2Es are working correctly.
- Check that the inventory tool is working.
- Check that private, member only shopfronts are working.
- Check tax calculations.
- As SuperAdmin, check that you can change the instance settings (only change things if you know how to put them back again). Includes if tax is inclusive/exclusive, the billing tool, content etc.