Software roadmap 2022

January 6th 2023 update: last update before switching to 2023 roadmap

source

Changes (status) in bold :slight_smile:

• Split checkout: Order summary page is being redesign, all bugs are now solved: this will be ready for roll-out soon. We will update the following thread about it asap. https://community.openfoodnetwork.org/t/new-checkout-feature-split-checkout-rollout/2546/20?u=rachel

• Tax reports: Work is kicked-off and first PRs are being worked on by @abdellani :tada:. First stage on our big reports project. Tax reports will be enhanced. Welcome deeper granularity, hasta la vista rounding errors! [Reports] Tax Totals Report · Issue #6847 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

• Backoffice UI uplift: No changes. Work to change colors in backoffice has started to ease the release of this piece of work. Also styleguide is not a priority anymore on the tech side, we will do a simple style guide in a doc for now. First step towards Network 2.0 - our product list is getting a face lift. Also AngularJS will be removed from the product list. This will lay the ground for every shiny new experience network 2.0 is about.
    Context: Backoffice Product List table user interface uplift 1

• DFC product API: No changes. Next steps (funded by DFC project + AU and UK) are around getting our product catalogue on the API and handling create/update/delete actions! This means we need OFN API product endpoints to be updated in v1 first!

Up next (**some changes but we will create new roadmap to detail them)

What will happen next?

1. History of invoice changes / numbering system has a potential first solution that needs dev input: Trace order amendments through invoice lines and generate legally compliant invoices - #44 by Rachel

2. Discounts & vounchers are now a funded feature: more info on this soon.

3. Network phase 2 needs to kick-off.

4. Big reports changes are for now paused, we will come back to them later in the year

Aside of this a number of needs seemed to reach a consensus after the user interviews (this is not a priority order):

Speaking as a hub manager

• I need to send alerts to my customers
  • I need to have an alert when max orders is reached in an OC
  • I need to manager stock info from producers
  • I need to adjust orders
  • I need to process refunds in bulk
  • I need to let my customer pay with credits
  • I need to have donation options at checkout
3 Likes