Software roadmap 2022

December 2nd 2022 update

source

Changes (status) in bold :slight_smile:

• Split checkout: New re-design in progress. Apart from design still one critical bug left :muscle: More info here https://community.openfoodnetwork.org/t/new-checkout-feature-split-checkout-rollout/2546/20?u=rachel

• Tax reports: No changes. First stage on our big reports project. Tax reports will be enhanced. Welcome deeper granularity, hasta la vista rounding errors! [Reports] Tax Totals Report · Issue #6847 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

• Backoffice UI uplift: Work to change colors in backoffice has started to ease the release of this piece of work. Also styleguide is not a priority anymore on the tech side, we will do a simple style guide in a doc for now. First step towards Network 2.0 - our product list is getting a face lift. Also AngularJS will be removed from the product list. This will lay the ground for every shiny new experience network 2.0 is about.
    Context: Backoffice Product List table user interface uplift 1

• Cut down testing suite length by 5 min on github Actions : Not only did @filipefurtado NAILED this one but lentgh was cut down by 10min which means 50% !!! QA team is checking all their goals :fire: :fire: :fire:. We use Github tools to run the automated tests we have (the suite). this takes 20min to run. Lowering this time should ease contributions and day to day work on the project :muscle:

• DFC product API: No changes. Next steps (funded by DFC project + AU and UK) are around getting our product catalogue on the API and handling create/update/delete actions! This means we need OFN API product endpoints to be updated in v1 first!

Up next (**some changes but we will create new roadmap to detail them - so no changes here**)

What will happen next?

We still have some compliance work to do. In particular: History of invoices changes and numbering system: in the EU, invoices should carry the history of order changes and have a numbering system fitting requirements. On the bright side, we won’t have any more support requests starting with “I swear I haven’t deleted anything on the order…those eggs really disappeared!!”

Our reports project needs to go forward : especially improving packing reports, and reports used to pay producers (among many other things the product team needs to tidy-up and order! )

Network phase 2 needs to kick-off.

Aside of this a number of needs seemed to reach a consensus after the user interviews (this is not a priority order):

Speaking as a hub manager

• I need to send alerts to my customers
  • I need to have an alert when max orders is reached in an OC
  • I need to manager stock info from producers
  • I need to adjust orders
  • I need to process refunds in bulk
  • I need to propose discounts and vouchers
  • I need to let my customer pay with credits
  • I need to have donation options at checkout
2 Likes