Shopper and farmer data to make OFN even more transparent and enable a new commercial dynamic relationship

Hi @miguelnovik and thank you for this thread and your will to make food data more transparent and fluid :slight_smile: I definitely share that vision and your views. But my deep inner conviction is that to be able to move forward on that, you need first to put around the table people who share the same vision and are ok to work together on this, so that’s why I started the Data Food Consortium project 2 years ago. It took me one year to just align the major local food platforms in France to cooperate together on that. And we’ve been meeting 2h every other week since a year now. We are at a point where we are about to publish a new version of the semantic business model, it means that it took us one year to agree on one common description of “what we are doing and how we do it”. Facilitation is the key factor of success in here for me, much more than the technical dimension, which has actually already changed quite a few times during that process.
i’m happy to share with you on a hangout what we’ve done in DFC and explain you where we are at and the perspectives that opens up to us now. And also learn more about what you want to achieve and how you envision it. I could Tuesday next week for instance, let me know!