Report: update/fix Bulk Coop - Totals by Supplier

This report is used to work out how many bulk items should be purchased, based on customer orders

It was developed prior to the more detailed work on products / variants / units etc, and so currently uses ‘weight’ as the dividing factor (e.g. unit size / (sum total * weight) = units required; with any leftover = remainder

so when the weight is zero (often), it just doesn’t work

Fix 1: Update the fields so that the report uses unit value rather than weight e.g. ‘1’ from 1 jar or 1L even if there is no weight set

Fix 2: Coops want to ‘round-up’ rather than down

Hearing that the coops / buying groups would prefer the ‘units required’ field to round up rather than down, and the ‘remainder’ field to tell them how much extra / unallocated / left they have. So this would mean that

• Units Required = Unit size / (value * sum total) and IF there is a remainder then add 1 . . . [NB. it uses whichever total is greater for the calculation, so if the max > sum total then it will use max, otherwise sum total]
  • Remainder field gets renamed to ‘unallocated’ and contains (unit size - remainder)

If these are correct, same changes should be made to Bulk Coop - Allocation Report

@RohanM - perhaps we fix up the unit scaling thing on group buy for kgs/gs at the same time?

and poss. (check) to Bulk Order Management

Bulk Co-op - Totals by Supplier report…

1. For this Salmon product, three rows are showing, but this product is only 1 variant. It may have had 2 variants in the past- if I set timeframe of report to just this week, only 2 rows show. If I set it to far far back (when a 2nd variant may have existed), I get the 3rd row. Suggesting its a deleted variant.
  2. Negative values are being displayed when there is no unit size (or it is zero).
  3. This jam product has flavour variants- labels don’t show. There’s no way to distinguish which variant is which

issues picked up by @kemmyfoo detailed in email (not here because real data involved), summarised as
. . looks like three things

• most of the errors are where they have an extra 1 or 1 unit subtracted from the unallocated (i.e. they’re one less than they should be)
  • one where it has subtracted 2 instead of 1 - annoying!
  • when the amount order matches an exact multiple of the unit size, it is still adding on one and then getting the remainder wrong
  • one (the bottom one) where it has got the num. of units wrong and all gone wrong from there . .