Bulk and group buying - wishlist

Just working through all this and will respond to all your questions @timrwtaylor, but just want to clarify something about your process (checking I understand right) . .

Once you have your initial orders in, you make some ‘calls’ about what you’re going to order - and generally this means dropping some products and rounding up for others, so that your ‘unallocated’ order cycle is the amounts remaining on the products you have decided to over-order?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m working with another buying group here in Melbourne to update / fix the Bulk Coop/Supplier Totals report, which basically uses the bulk amounts and the total amount ordered to calculate how many to order, and how many are ‘short’ e.g. she has orders for but don’t make up a bulk pack.

She has suggested it would be more useful if it ‘rounded up’ and told her how many she had ‘unallocated’ or ‘left’ . . .which sounds like it might be the same thing you’re asking for, in which case getting this report right is going to simplify a step for you too . .

Starting a page to outline proposed changes to this report and would be great if you could weigh in - Report: update/fix Bulk Coop - Totals by Supplier