OFN v2 is almost ready to go.
We need to define our roll out plan.
In the last upgrade catch up meeting we have agreed that:
- We will send an email to Katuma users to let them know about the deploy of v2
- We will clearly define how to reach Katuma’s support for that
- We will schedule downtime for the deploy
- Deploy v2 to Katuma on April 29th
- Deploy to another small instance (likely Canada) on May 6th
- Deploy the 3 big instances after the gathering
- Deploy the rest (still not clear exactly when)
re Katuma’s date , @sauloperez wrote this plan himself so I assume he agrees with it
re CAN’s date, @tschumilas said on slack: “May 6 is actually a really good day for this in Canada. Our 2 larger more complex hubs (ie: using inventories…) look like they are closing their cycles on May 5, 8:00 pm our time. So big users won’t be ‘up’ again until May 8. Other users right now are smaller single farm stores -so not very complex. I can reserve May 6 & 7 for issues, and I’ll email users to let them know - what exactly? OFN is down? Or just altering they might see changes? So happy to help support this anyway I can.”
We can use this thread to discuss the plan and then for the specific details of the release we can use the normal release issue, here’s the v2 release gh issue.