What is the need / problem
The shopfront management is painful today. Lots of useless clicks (like when you add a payment method and validate you are back to dashboard and need to click again on manage to get back to where you were), some actions are not working properly (like expand all button in products expands only top first products), etc. I don’t include here performance issues which will be covered elsewhere. I’m also not including here order cycle overhaul wich will be covered i the “network” part.
Who does it impact
All hub managers
What is the current impact of this problem
Adoption of OFN by food hub managers, who find it a bit complicated.
What is the benefit in focusing on this
Enable OFN instances to get more food hub users (adoption of the platform by local food entreprises)
Links to more details
Lots of GH issues on this:
- bug on expand all products button: 'Expand all' on BPE page only expands finite number of the top ones · Issue #612 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub
- datepicker really not user friendly: Order cycles date / time widget - the time control is confusing, broken or just badly designed? · Issue #418 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub
- cannot remove images from entreprise profile: cannot remove images from enterprise profile · Issue #423 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub
- image preview not working in new product page: Add product image upload UX · Issue #1217 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub
- Entreprise permission table hard to read and edit: Enterprise Relationships page- suggested changes to improve usability. · Issue #623 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub and wishlist description Useability of E2E link management
- suggestion to move entreprise permission to a tab in enterprise management menu: Enterprise E2E link management - tab in enterprise mgmt would make this a lot more obvious · Issue #1103 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
Feature candidate : Improve basic shopfront management UX.
Will contain more than one user stories:
- improve datepickers UX
- improve image management (hub and products)
- fix bad redirection (after creating shipping/payment method after updating anything in entreprise (sent back to info page now), etc.)