Hub can easily generate accurate packing slips

@Kirsten

I definitely don’t think we can put any reports related Discourse posts in inception just yet.

The current inception stage is quite meta… we’re not even looking to specific user needs yet. The next step is UX and tech strategic overview. Then we’ll come to prioritising needs one by one while coming into alignment with the tech and UX direction.

So please no moving things to inception!

In reality we haven’t even officially prioritised this work for the pipe!
#pipehack #weallknowweneedthis

1 Like

Okay this scenario as since then evolved for the hub. It now has become:

1. They assign a number to each buyer. This number is written on a physical box at their delivery spot. The first numbers are always linked to home delivery by bike, then should follow all others shipping methods.

And this tiny detail made the whole process really harder. Because suddenly I had to pull out data for the bike delivery system (like comments customer have made).

Also I haven’t mentioned it earlier but they have 2 OC per week: a first one focusing on meat products and the second one on all other products. Customer buying meat and whatever should keep the same number across the 2 OC… as they will end up with only one box at the pickup place or during delivery. :face_with_head_bandage:

This resulted in a second and more complex iteration of the spreadsheet (done with the help of my partner during first lockdown). I’ve documented it here but it was really a massive pain to make it work on Excel - I don’t advise anyone to use them only if really desperate :laughing: : Packing sheet template when more delivery options.xlsm - Google Sheets

And works like following:

1. They copy paste packing per customer report in “packing2” tab cell A1. OC customer total report in OC customer total and delivery report in delivery report. Those 3 reports contain data needed by the delivery company

2. They check all their shipping methods are correctly ordered in Shipping methods tabs (ie here bike delivery should be on top so that customer number 1 in really the first order that has selected hom delivery)

3. Press the Update button in Buyer number tab. This is a script that will affect one number per customer.

4. They do a pivot table to have a view of the list of product and the quantities per order. Thanks to the pivot table, this can be filtered by temp. control as well.
    4. should be enough but it is not printable with so many orders hence the last spreadsheet tab called “DISPATCH”: where column A and B will be printed out. Basically this tells them : put 2 kg of potatoes in box 1, 2 in box 4 and 6 in box 14. Then put 1 salads in box 4, 6 in box 9 and 2 in box 56… etc

=> 4. Is made by again just clicking the big red button.