What is the need / problem
Mary delivers the products to her customers in different pick-up points. She needs to know what quantity of a given product needs to be delivered on each distribution location.
Who does it impact
Multi-delivery places hubs
What is the current impact of this problem
- Entreprises duplicates and lack of efficiency: Today in order to be able to manage different pick-up points, a hub needs to create one entreprise per pick-up point and create complex order cycles with all the entreprises in the outgoing session > duplicates, and time consuming.
- Prevent users to transact on OFN: For some hubs who have many pick-up points it simply prevent them from using the OFN (like Alterconso in France, 14 pick-up points, unmanagable)
What is the benefit in focusing on this
- Improve hub’s management efficiency
- Avoid duplicates
- Clarify discovery for multi-pick-up location hubs
Links to more details
- GH issue on two needed reports to be able to organize logistics of aggregate volumes to different distribution locations: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1946 and https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1945
- Community discussion Need reports / filters by shipping method... suggestions welcome!
- Advanced reflexion on “locations”: Enterprise Locations
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
- Add “location” concept in the OFN Data model
- Review shipping method creation to link a shipping method with a location
- Enable filters based on location
- Include that into reports filtering/extractions