What is the need / problem
Once users are able to use their credits for a given shop to pay in this shop, hubs want their customers to be able to add credits on their account, that they then can use to shop.
Some hubs ask users prepayment before they can shop for anything, and want them to refill their credit if they don’t have enough money to pay a given order.
Users have expressed the following needs:
- Customers need to be able to top-up their accounts internally to the platform using payment methods.
- Hubs need to be able to know whose members are running out of money to send reminders to top up their credit.
- Hubs also need to set up a limit under which a member won’t be able to buy (ex: -100€ then they can’t buy if they don’t top-up) [to check with hubs in discovery, not sure this is needed]
- Hubs can decide if a user can pay only with credits or with other methods as well. If only credits is used, order should be blocked if credit is not sufficient to pay and an option to refill credit should be proposed.
Who does it impact
- Any hub that has a “prepay” shop model, like Alterconso in France.
What is the current impact of this problem
- Hub managers use external OFN software to take payments, which significantly devalues OFN to them
- Prevent use of OFN : hubs that works like that can’t use OFN today, even if they would like to.
What is the benefit in focusing on this
- Get new big OFN users that can help us reach profitability.
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
Didn’t brainstorm yet solutions.
But some ideas proposed by Myriam in her first non-tech inception:
- Create feature to fill in a hub wallet (using existing credit model, just improve UX with a wallet concept and enable workflow to credit my wallet)
Selection of the feature candidate
T-shirt size of the selected feature candidate
Feature not yet selected
Metrics to measure if need is well satisfied after feature has been implemented
- Customers can fill in their wallet from OFN without any intervention from the hub manager, and hub receive no complain from customers about this feature (not sure it is a well described metric…)
Feature owners :
Epic and/or project board where you can follow implementation
Links to more details
- Enable customers to pay (partially or fully) with their credits (first level of need = enable customers to use credits to pay)
- Credit/Advance payments : how to enable it? (first inception of how it could look like)
- CSA software features (included in CSA feature)
- Customers can View their Payments and Balance 1 (customer account)