We know you want it . . . lots of Producers and Hubs have a core set of Customers that have the same order every week / month, and it would be much better for them if those orders could be automatically generated each Order Cycle.
We hear that this is a high priority. It is a complex feature, and building it in a way that gives you all the flexibility you will need requires careful design.
Ultimate feature set looks something like:
- My Customers can set-up and maintain standing order / s with my Shop / Hub
- They can edit those orders - pause for a week or two, amend the order, have their changes apply from a certain date etc
- I can set up a season / series and have my Order Cycles automatically recur, with the appropriate standing orders in them
Step 1: Enterprise can set up a series of Order Cycles
The first step is to enable the Enterprise to set up a Series of Order Cycles for the Customer Orders to be attached to
Then we need to be able to create the orders
Step 2: As Enterprise (Hub / Shop), I use Create Order to make a new order
- can save this order as a ‘standing’ order
- can apply to a whole series, or specific scheduled order cycles
- [need a check control on products / variants - not all available to standing order. Perhaps set with a tag?]
- I set shipping and payment method etc
[NB: to do this, we first need to fix up the Order edit / create so that it works properly with our significant changes from Spree basic. Can possibly do in one big chunk]
Step 3: Future orders created
- When Order Cycle opens, the orders are created
- ? send order confirmation email to Customer letting them know it’s done
- ? Customer can click link in email to edit the order?
- ? payment - depends on payment method . .
Step 4: Enterprise management of standing orders
- As Enterprise, I need to be able to see and edit Customer’s standing orders and order cycles in bulk somehow
- As Enterprise, I want to be able to create a bunch of future orders in one go
Step 5: Customer can create and manage their own ‘standing’ order
enable in checkout
for this series, until date, or pick future dates
Customer needs to be able to edit future order . . individual orders? just the template one?