Configuration > Business Model

This page in configuration is where you can set up the fee structure that is charged to enterprise users each month, for their use of the Open Food Network. Fees are charged to enterprises with shopfronts only.

The above setup shows a fee structure where users are charged 2% of sales, capped at $50. This excludes GST, which is applied at a rate of 10%.

Shop trial length This is the period of time from when the first order is placed in a shop that users won’t be billed for activity.
Fixed monthly charge: This amount will be charged to all users with a shopfront, regardless of the levels of sales they made.
Percentage of turnover: This fee is charged based on a percentage of the sales passed through the shopfront. It excludes tax.
Monthly cap (excl. GST): This is a maximum amount charged to a shopfront.
Tax Rate: This is the tax rate that is applied on top of the monthly charge and percentage of turnover.
Minimum Monthly Billable Turnover This is the threshold above which you will start charging enterprises for use. If a customer’s tax inclusive total turnover for the month is below this, they won’t be billed.

Once you have set up your billing structure, you can trigger invoice creation from Accounts and Billing.

Your Business Model fee structure will be communicated to your users automatically. See below for an example:

Looks great @sstead! Looking forward to see that in place in the next release :slight_smile:

Hi @sstead I was testing out the Business Model config on the norwegian instance, and we seem to have a slight currency issue in the calculator. Any way of making it show kr. vs $ ?
otherwise this is brilliant! great work :smile:
ping @MyriamBoure

Hi @CynthiaReynolds, I see that the $ is set, instead of the local currency (kr), however is it still calculating correctly and giving you a meaningful calculation? If so, it’s probably not something that will be a big priority to correct, because it is not a critical feature, and most people only use it once. Also the ? guides provide a very clear explanation of the calculator, so the example bill calculator is not so necessary. Definitely if the $ was carrying through to the front end we would be more concerned. Does this sound ok?

works for me :slight_smile: just thought I would flag it.
thanks @sstead