Who are we? I want to know the people behind the names :-)

You are very welcome @jackyjacky, it made my heart expand just a little bit to read your intro :heart:

Looking forward to seeing your presence on the github repo and in slack :smiley:

1 Like

@jackyjacky what a story ! Agree with @danielle I feel such a great alignment with what OFN is ! We’ll try to do our best to facilitate your integration in the community, please feel free to reach us on Slack if anything is unclear on how that community work, or if you are lost somewhere in the OFN abundant jungle of ideas and threads of discussion :slight_smile: We also do have periodic “physical” gatherings that we discuss in the #global-community channel. I look forward to meeting you in real life someday ! So you can feel the human empathy and love that is also at the heart of our collective project :slight_smile:

Yay Jacky I’m so glad you’re here! Glad I was able to introduce you to OFN!

1 Like

Thank you!! I will definitely be in touch as I explore and come up with more questions. I’m excited to get involved!

Me too!! I am so grateful that you were able to connect me to this project!

That’s amazing @jackyjacky ! I’ll try to do my best introducing you to the tech side of the project. I’m glad that you found a tech project that aligns with your values. That is what I found back in 2017!

Hi @RachelDuBois thanks for your work on OFN. There is a farm in North Wales which is looking for a volunteer to set up their OFN shopfront. Let me know if you are interested and I will introduce you https://www.campsites.co.uk/search/campsites-in-wales/gwynedd/caernarfon/henbant-permaculture-farm-and-campsite :slight_smile:

Hello everybody,

I am Júlia, a Hungarian Berliner. My first contact with OFN was in February when I connected with @Kirsten during my stay in Melbourne.

I am a fresh graduate of the Food Innovation Program. I spent last year in Italy and on a global mission to scout disruptive solutions that will make our food system more sustainable. My research focus was on urban food concepts and alternative supply chain solutions.

I learned about the German instance being rolled out and I offered to contribute to the project with some translation, maintenance, etc.
I am still familiarizing myself with the platform and trying to figure out where to start reading all the available documentation. I will for sure have a few questions :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great @JuliaDalmadi and welcome aboard! Don’t hesitate to ask anything!

Hi @JuliaDalmadi - nice to meet a fellow alternative food distribution researcher! Until last month, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the Laurier Centre for Sustainable Food Systems in Canada. I’ve launched OFN-Canada, and now OFN-Canada is picking up some of my research into challenges and opportunities of so called disruptive digital technologies for smaller scale producers. Contact me anytime.

Hello!

My name is Adam Moore and I am a PhD researcher at the University of Melbourne.

From a perspective of cultural geography, my research project seeks to examine the work of developing, maintaining and using a cooperative digital platform like the OFN to organise the sale, purchase and distribution of food.

Through my research, I hope to understand how cooperative digital platforms are created and shaped through these multiple forms of work; and in doing so, identify and evaluate the qualities of cooperative digital platforms which may help to achieve a more progressive and equitable politics for labour in future platform economies.

If you have any questions or would like to be a part of my research, please get in contact with me either through the OFN community discussion spaces, Slack or via my work email - abmoore@student.unimelb.edu.au