Who are we? I want to know the people behind the names :-)

Hello guys,

I’d like to quickly introduce myself and the project we are trying to get started here in Germany :slight_smile:

My name is Janina and I am the project initiator here in Germany for a project (which we haven’t got a cool name for yet) where we look to create a food distribution network using existing stationary village centres and the power of the OFN software. Our project has it’s current regional base around Cologne/ Aachen in the very western part of Germany and we will look to launch the pilot phase with 3 village centres in this area. We have a large wholesaler and at least one regional partner for each centre for the pilot and are also arranging the logistics.
The idea is for customers to order their food via the online platform (either from home or by using a terminal in the centre) and get it delivered to the village centre for self-pick up. The commissioning and logistics will be organised by us/ the relevant village centre. And the number of local food producers will be increased once the pilot is working well.
We are working with government grants (there’s hopefully one being signed off for us in the next weeks for a large sum of money - keep your fingers crossed) so that we can work with you guys to help us develop the OFN software for that purpose. I am very happy for the contact of @MyriamBoure who gave me a great intro to the OFN community and to be already in touch with Serenity, @Kirsten and Danielle to hopefully get started very soon.
I very much look forward to being and taking part in this community and welcome everyone who’d want to contact me with advice, questions, help or just a quick hello.
Janina

Ps. cool name suggestions (with available domains) are also very welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes