Embeddable Shopfronts - Whitelabelling

hi people

sorry for being a bit late to this discussion! We had some discussions about this as part of our initial rough estimate for the german project (as introduced by @janina here)

I have attached the rough outline we suggested to give an idea of our thoughts. The blue is re. the development of the standalone website itself which is not necessarily an OFN task but they needed for the estimate. Key points to note re. discussion above

• we thought that there are at least three required pages for the iframe embed approach: shop, checkout and order confirmation (although I suppose that could return to their website instead). Maybe also consider the customer account page now that it does some stuff?
  • see comments under advanced, including consideration of login, emails and invoices etc
  • also note the curious consistency of the estimates e.g. these are not based on detailed analysis - they are ballpark at best :slight_smile:

Also, with the parallel interest / discussions / work on UX and mobile, we think there is a possibility that it may be best to invest in development of a semi-independent module that can then be embedded in any site.

I’m not across the technicalities of iframe vs module, or whether it’s a decision that needs to be made early . .

NB. Couple of designers we’re worked with recently have all had/used Sketch as standard. Perhaps it is something that each instance could purchase if needed to support voluntary contributions where people don’t have it, but perhaps reasonable for paid designers to have as part of their toolkit? I am of course in favour of an open version if there is one, but we also don’t want to make everyone learn a new thing if there’s something most people already use?