Current state of Variant Overrides:
‘Variant overrides’ enable a stock level and price of a variant to be overridden in a specific Hub. This means that the Producer and Product information is kept intact and it is the same Product / Variant, but:
- a Hub can retain the P/V in stock, and draw from the amount that they have (not the amount that the Producer has- e.g. if they have some in storage, even though the producer has zero)
- a Hub can override the price set by the Producer (for example if they want to do a special on it)
Variant overrides are set using the Overrides tab, under Products ( in the horizontal blue menu).
- A hub must have E2E-VariantOverrides permission from the producer to over-ride their stock levels or price.
- A hubs distributor also needs E2E-VariantOverrides if they are to stock the product at overriden prices/quantities
What to expect when stocking variant over-rides in your shop:
- If a shop stocks a product, and that product has a variant over-ride, the system will present the price and available ‘on hand’ quantity in the over-ride, not the original product.
- As customers place orders, the on hand quantity in the over-ride will reduce, until stock out. Then the product will no longer be available in the shop (even if the original product still has ‘on hand’ stock)
- The original product’s on hand quantity and price remain unchanged.
- The over-riden price will carry through checkout, order confirmation, and admin’s orders and reports.