Super Admin Guide v2.0 -> Instance Management Handbook

As part of the work @GeorgiaS and I are doing on happy team process development (see Process for Growth / Thriving / Self-Actualisation team members ) we began to talk about whether it’s a good idea to create an Australian section with the Instance Management Handbook.

This would include things like how Australia manages team member onboarding, growth plans, performance reviews, annual leave, etc. (I’ve added some headings just to give a sense of the type of content https://app.gitbook.com/@ofn-user-guide/s/ofn-super-admin-guide/australian-instance-management) The benefit for us of creating it in this way is that it still functions as a handbook for our instance, that we can share with new team members etc. The benefit for global is that by having this out in the open other instances can draw on each others’ team management processes. I think it is also a benefit of showing openly and publicly our ways of working, which we say are one of the things we create.

Obviously it doesn’t read as well as if we created content in the Instance Management Handbook under headings such as ‘Ways of onboarding team members’ that then had examples from all instances, but to me it feels like a higher chance that we will keep the document live if it is used rather than a library/index to info elsewhere.

It may also lead to confusion about where content should go - e.g. does it fit under the ‘Delivering customer support’ section for everyone, or in the ‘How Australia delivers customer support’ section? (@EmilyRogers keen to hear your take on this)

I’m aware this is a very English-langauge-centric perspective. I’m aware there will still be additional documentation outside of this for instances with more sensitive info. But to me this knowledge sharing really feels worth it.

What do others think?