Welcome to the Open Food Network version 2
From now on I think we can forget about “spree upgrade” and “2-0-stable branch” and just call it “OFN v2” or simply v2.
We need to define a strategy for staging v2. The main reason for the need is that the staging process does not rebuild the database on the server from scratch so that the data in the staging server is maintained across deploys and can be used for advanced testing.
Because v2 has a different DB schema from v1, deploying v1 and v2 on the same staging server will cause problems, more specifically when deploying v1 PRs in a server where there is a v2 DB. Are these statements correct?
If I am not mistaken currently we have 4 staging servers: uk, aus, es, fr.
I believe the best solution is to assign 2 staging servers to v2 and keep the other two for v1 PRs.
If we make this decision, the staging of v2 should be straight forward. Correct?