Report: export product/variant info for import to LettuceShare

thanks @sstead and @RohanM looks good to me.

Also @lisahill, to reply to your earlier post, the description column can be used to fill in the category in lettuceshare, but it’s optional. Many groups are using the category field for their own purposes, so lettuceshare doesn’t automatically override that. I think a longer description would be helpful at some point, but probably not in this csv format as it would be too hard to process. Save that for another discussion down the track :smile:

thanks,
Malcolm

@RohanM WOO HOO thanks for the farmer & growing method in one column - that’s tops!

@sstead and @mblaney something wasn’t sitting with me right about the ‘description’ column not coming through to LettuceShare and I’ve finally worked out why…
I just put some test variants into staging 2 then pulled the report - all of the variant product titles show in the ‘description column’ rather than the product column (that maintains only the master product).

So unless we do Rohan’s magical trick and combine those two columns, i’m not sure how the report will show everything that is required.

@mblaney do you want to go into the staging 2 and pull another report now that i’ve put more detail in there… and look at the difference between the raw csv file, and what appears in lettuceshare? it’s missing a lot of data…

hi @lisahill I’m only seeing one product in Food Connect Testing, should I see more?

@mblaney yes - there should be at least two master products, then in you click on the little arrow to the left of the product name it should reveal multiple variants. weird if you are only seeing one @sstead any ideas? are we on each on different staging sites?

ok but I only see cucumbers :smile:

@mblaney whoa that’s freaky, not sure why that would be
i’ll email you the csv report that i am pulling from staging 2 so that you can see what i’m seeing.

Also, if you want to go in and see what i’m seeing - just use my live email address and the same password that Sally set for you for that site.

Alrighty @RohanM and @sstead

Malcolm and I have talked over email and I’m pretty sure we’re on the same path and therefore this report is good to go… eeek, I’m a bit scared to actually say that in writing… but if it works, then let’s do it!

@mblaney Agreed? :smile:

all good :slight_smile: thanks everyone.

ok people - you’re in. We had to mess around with this for quite a bit today to get it working in production as there were some problems with pre-existing tax data, but we think we have is sorted (thanks @maikel!) ‘lettuce’ know how you go :smile:

Great! Saw it live today by accident, pretty excited. @mblaney as soon as we’ve got a better order cycle sample (working very hard to have this in the next two weeks) i will send you a close-to-real report for final final testing. Yay.