Redesign CMS testing

@sstead,

Here are some testing notes for the content management features for the v1.1 redesign.

Are customisations to the content reflected on the front end?

Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Content.

Put some bogus detail in all the fields. Save. Check that the content added appears on the front end.

Is there any Australia-specific content that cannot be customised?

Review every front-end (maybe also backend) page of the site, looking for Australia-specific content that is not changeable via the content feature.

Are customisations to the content reflected on the front end?

• Yes!
  • Except the SVG image is not displaying in preference to the JPG one.

With these settings, the almond image continued to display on both computer and mobile.

Is there any Australia-specific content that cannot be customised?

• Do you want the map to land on Aus, or whichever country the instance relates to?
  • Will the ‘read our Terms & Conditions’ link on front end need to be customisable in future? It takes to a link which refers to .com.au. specifically.
  • Otherwise, in the back end, I can’t see anything we’d need to customise. GST is dealt with elsewhere I believe, and things like address type (some countries have provences/states/ZIP codes etc…) isn’t really relevant to content.

So all good!

@sstead when you’re happy with this and we’re rolling it into production, could you please do a discourse page under User Guide / Super Admin that outlines what can be customised etc? and then link to it from the Release Notes? Thanks

Sure Kirsten, can do.

@RohanM I’m not sure if this is helpful… but I’ve just noticed that the SVG file shows when I make my window narrower. Then as I widen the window it switches to the "LOGO (640X130): " image:

@Rohan the map appears to be closing in on vicinity of enterprises.

and the Terms and Conditions link is updating :smile: