Current view of roadmap
Finished since last meeting
- The SCA epic is done done !
- Spike on performance: which are our slowest pages currently? (See discussion point on performance below) @Matt-Yorkley shared the 10-worst performing reports in the issue. His adjustments work will have a decent impact on this and we’ll assess afterward and see what other things need to be done.
Harmonizing customer balances ( @sauloperez ) - Filipe validated the PR touching reports and is now looking good. Still working on hiding the bits of order balance we show throughout the app under the toggle.
Continuous Integration (CI) - The build is now so we need to clean up the commits and have it ready for review and hopefully merged this week. We’ll spend a week comparing this and Semaphore and then decide.
Rail upgrade 5.0 So far is looking good and we’re actively testing it @Rachel wants to deep dive into subscriptions.
We’ll roll it out to a bunch of instances (excluding the triumvirate) first as v3.6.0 beta and the week after, if everything goes well we release v3.6.0.
Contributor in play
- Map improvements with Julie PR Improving user discover on ofn map - Julie needs help to finish it off. We’ll ask @maikel for an estimation how much time this would take and move it to “Next up”. However, before anyone picks this up the other things in-play things have to be finished first.
Ready To Go
- Rails 5.2 upgrade: Blocked by Rails 5.0 upgrade. @Matt-Yorkley had a play at it and managed to boot the app. Jumping straight to 5.2 might be an option. Good to have just one in-depth manual testing session.
- Tax Reports (@lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) - The rocket is still on the launch pad
- Backoffice UI Uplift - phase 1 No update. A kick-off call is scheduled for tomorrow.
- Split Checkout page - Discourse Post here , Inception Pipe Issue here
Getting feedback from the community this week. We applied improvements based on that feedback already.
- Improved reporting - Next part of improved reporting: To be discussed (@Erioldoesdesign + @Rachel ). A chat to onboard design on the report section needs to happen.
Ready for Inception
- History of invoice changes (@Rachel + ?) - Blocked by the work on adjustments
- Invoice number system (@Rachel + ?) - waiting for re-inception, but linked to history of invoice changes.
- OFN Styleguide: It was proposed that @JB will start on a design guide/library, to support @Erioldoesdesign on this task. @JB thinks we need to get to Rails 5.2 first.
Networking pt 2 The continuation of this work will wait until @Mario returns.
- Mario is back to day job and working out OFN capacity.
- We’ll go with manually running the script to fetch the data monthly so we don’t end up with too much complexity.
- @Matt-Yorkley had a go at it and it seems fixed but we don’t know what’s actually causing the issue. Getting this properly fixed is necessary before we consider replicating CA, US, etc. @apb will have a look into the bug
- Jose, Pau’s friend, is going to take a look at UK’s server performance and scalability next week and suggest solutions as a contribution.
** Green light for @Lynnes A proposal for fundraising for features. Lynne to set up a meeting to discuss details.
@Erioldoesdesign to facilitate