Current view of roadmap
Finished (or almost finished) since last meeting
- Rails deployed to 3 instances, due to be deployed to more 23rd of March. Fingers crossed!
- CI is almost there! green build.
Rail upgrade 5.0 So far is looking good, we are watching to see if there aren’t any regressions.
Continuous Integration (CI) - The build is now so we need to clean up the commits and have it ready for review and hopefully merged this week. We’ll spend a week comparing this and Semaphore and then decide.
Contributor in play
- Map improvements with Julie PR Improving user discover on ofn map @maikel less than a day from our devs and Cillan helped. Pending one more PR review.
Ready To Go
Rails 5.2 upgrade: Blocked by Rails 5.0 upgrade. @Matt-Yorkley
Backoffice UI Uplift - phase 1 Kick-off done, we have a structure for the building of the components issue for breakdown @Jana @jibees @Erioldoesdesign
OFN Styleguide v1.1 is tied to UI uplift but not the larger styleguide project!
Split Checkout page - Discourse Post here , Inception Pipe Issue here
Community feedback done, Design is done, Decision re. tax on order summary page and edit basket page. While we wait for dev time we’ll be doing user-testing/validation on the designs.
Improved reporting - Next part of improved reporting: To be discussed (@Erioldoesdesign + @Rachel ). A chat to onboard design on the report section needs to happen. @Erioldoesdesign To schedule the meeting with Rachel.
Ready for Inception
- History of invoice changes (@Rachel + ?) - Blocked by the work on adjustments
- Invoice number system (@Rachel + ?) - waiting for re-inception, but linked to history of invoice changes.
Networking pt 2 The continuation of this work will wait until @Mario returns.
*Mario is back to day job and working out OFN capacity.
Fundraising for features
- A proposal for fundraising for features. An update in the thread ‘summarising the two meetings’
- Two meetings were had They were good!
- Lots of different proposals, not unlike papercuts.
- Delivery team criteria discussion on the list of ideas.
- Clear scope and wide appeal is currently more important than hygiene and differentiation. Not that either are not useful.
- List of potentially funded features fit with MCFE core persona?
- AU team need to be notified and included.
- Get the list out see if it works/funded. Learn!
- Metabase was down? continuous problem and can we stop it??
- An S2 but is lower than other S2’s.
- Issue request for discovering stability vs. fixing it when it breaks.
- Estimates in everything in dev ready but Andy has thought about the process of estimation, namely as a ‘synchronous’ conversation.
- Andy’s proposal: Core dev on release cycle, nudges the next release person, they would go through and estimate the dev ready column. Start this week and see how it goes.
- We have lots! I’ve ‘onboarded’ 3 and another 3 to follow. This is still an experiment but many of them are very enthusiastic.
- Connected Mathew & David & Mishkat from Canada.
- Support on user research? UX research, good to have contributors.
- Standard thoughts on contributors: Clear expectations, understanding.
- Eriol’s time considerations re. guiding projects. Sustainable.
- Pau via slack: I need to mention that Jose, my sysadmin friend, is making good progress on having ofn-install to scale up UK’s server. We need to aware of the fact that someone on the core team (likely me) will need to sit with him to come up with a plan to bring it to reality. That is, schedule downtime and apply the change.
- Volunteer tracking implementation from the beginning. Testing alongside the checkout process.
- Dev capacity to implement tracking on Matomo.
- An issue in the checkout split to implement tracking on the feature.
- How long do we gather data?
- Analytics first issue on existing checkout > feature toggle > live ?
- Conversion, what does it mean in checkout?
- List of Metrics would help understand.
We meet next we may be doing the combo new style - catch up async.