Producer can preview how products will appear in the store

What is the need / problem ?

As a producer, as I am creating or updating my products, I have no way to visualize how they will appear to my customers until I open my shop. As a profile-only producer, I have no way to visualize how they will appear until the hub(s) I sell to open shops.

Our recent mobile work has resulted in a great shop that is conveying loads of useful information to the customer. It would be nice if the producer could anticipate what the customer will see, so they can make the most use of current OFN product and shop features.

Who does it impact ?

Impacts all producer enterprises who create products

What is the current impact of the problem ?

Producers with their own shops must set their enterprise to ‘invisible’ and create a test order cycle to see how products look.
Profile only producers have no way create a shop to see how their products appear to customers. They have to wait until the re-seller (hub) opens a store.

What is the benefit of focusing on this ?

This will help producers make the most of the current OFN feature-rich shopfront.

Potential solutions that will solve the problem ?

[brainstorming to list feature candidates]
From the product entry page - maybe there is a way to link to a ‘shop preview’ screen that shows that shows how that product will look when their shop is created. Even if this shopfront doesn’t take enterprise fees into account - it would still be helpful.

Selection of a feature candidate

[value x ease matric if needed]

T-shirt size of our selected feature candidate

Metrics to measure if need is satisfied after feature is implemented

Feature owners

Epic/projet where you can follow implementation

Connected wishlist and discovery discussions*

[list precedent discussions]

Moved to: Producer can preview how products will appear in the store · Issue #64 · openfoodfoundation/wishlist · GitHub