OFN social media channels

Okay folks, taking the STOP ME IF YOU DISAGREE approach on this following lack of response.

I think we should have a global Open Food Network facebook page that only reposts content from Open Food Network instances around the world, to showcase the breadth of Open Food Network internationally.

I propose it should only follow/like the international instances in order to create an easier feed to pull reposting content from.

I suggest that one key admin from each international instance be added as an admin on the global facebook page, and is responsible for immediately resharing significant posts from their own instance (not proposing it needs to be all). No need for translation. One pinned post at the top linking to all international instances so people can head straight to those if that’s what they’re looking for.

We did have a look for an IFTTT applet that could automate this but weren’t able to find one. If others know of one that exists please do suggest it. I suppose the criteria would be reposting from a selected number of approved pages (i.e. all international instances) whenever they post using a particular hashtag. We wouldn’t want a page that just reposted whenever anyone posted using the the hashtag.

Does anyone disagree with this as a starting point? @Ewan @CynthiaReynolds @tschumilas @MyriamBoure and other facebook admins I may have missed…

Otherwise I’ll set this up next week. :slight_smile: