OFN Germany

Hi!
I already wrote a little introduction to myself in meta.

The solidbase project I am working for would be a good opportunity to bring the OFN idea forward within europe, as in every little european country someone is developing their own flavor of food hub management system. OFN in contrast as a global approach has the great chance to go viral and to generate mainstream impact.

Although I am actually more interested to bring the economic model of solawi forward (solidarity based budget / price building, long term commitments for food purchase) food hubs (or food coops, as we call them in germany) give an essential contribution for sustaining local production and to keep the supply chain short.
Especially in germany the organic farming movement is threatened by more and more conventionalisation by becoming available in discounters, so we need solutions that can compete and are compatible with main stream lifestyle.
Maybe we can organize translation to German as a first step. Had there been any progress yet? https://www.fairteil.de/ doesn’t really look like. There has been talking in this thread about a testing instance? Is it existing?

Maybe the m4hlab would be a nice setting to get to know to each other, drink some beer and talk about the next steps… Anyone’s coming?

1 Like