For a given NEW rubocop problem you introduce in the code:
- if you can, fix the problem in the code (make line or method shorter for example)
- if the problem is acceptable, add local exception like this
- if the problem is not acceptable but requires too much work, you can add the exception to the manual todo list
For existing problems you want to fix:
- you can remove the exception from the manual todo list and fix the code problem
No exceptions should be on the styleguide, this file should not contain any exceptions.
Regarding the automatically generated todo list we can:
- option 1: manually remove from auto todo as you fix rubocop problems
- option 2: rerun command to regenerate auto todo
We can run option 2 regularly for example in every PR that changes the style.